Rajgira is a powerhouse of nutrition and hence should be incorporated in our day to day life. Rajgira is the only cereal richest in protein and highest in iron with plenty of calcium.
Benefits of Rajgira (Amaranth):
- It’s a very heart-healthy grain, containing soluble fibre and unsaturated fatty acids which helps to reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- A rich source of calcium and hence ideal for children and old people. Also for post-menopausal women who are likely to develop osteoporosis.
- It also prevents constriction of arteries & blood vessels which is beneficial for patients suffering from hypertension and migraine (headache).
- A good source of iron, magnesium & vitamin A B, & C which helps to prevent anaemia.
- It is gluten-free and also good for those who have complaints of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Consuming it on daily basis can help improve one’s eyesight and complexion.
Rajgira is much more versatile, unlike pricey imported packaged super foods like Quinoa. Nowadays people opt for Quinoa since it is a good source of protein, however it is too expensive. The protein content of Rajgira is almost equal to Quinoa. It also has additional benefits with more calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium.
Rajgira can be consumed in the form of paratha, laddu, porridge etc.
Enjoy the health benefits of nutitious Rajgira (Amaranth) as part of your diet and help to maintain a healthy life.